The Zero House innovative green building project is based on four simple concepts:
This joint project between The Endeavour Centre and Ryerson University’s Department of Architectural Science is being built for display at the EDITdx Expo for Design, Innovation and Technology in Toronto this fall, where show goers will be able to visit the home, meet the designers and builders and experience the Zero House innovative green building project for themselves.
This project is possible due to the support of a great many sponsors whose products and services make it possible to meet our high project goals.
Climate Champion Sponsors:
- BiPVco – Providing Flextron building integrated photovoltaic modules
- Daikin/DXS – Providing a mini-split air source heat pump
- Inline Windows – Providing fiberglass framed, triple pane windows and exterior doors
- 475 High Performance Building Supply – Providing air sealing membranes, tapes and accessories
Climate Defender Sponsors:
- Applegate Insulation – Providing cellulose insulation
- BuiltEnvironment – Providing Lunos ventilation system
- Duro Design – Providing cork flooring
- Fronius – Providing a grid-tie inverter for the photovoltaic system
- GRK – Providing structural fasteners
- Hanes Industries – Providing InsulWeb fabric for cellulose insulation
- Havelock Metal Co. – Providing steel roofing and siding
- Jelinek Cork Group – Providing cork exterior insulated sheathing
- Merrett Home Hardware – Providing lumber, fasteners, tools and general building supplies
- The Mount Community Centre – Providing the building site
- ReWall – Providing EssentialBoard sheathing
Climate Friend Sponsors:
- Cherry Forest Products – Providing Novawood thermally modified wood decking
- Columbia Forest Products – Providing Purebond pre-finished interior plywood
- Ecovative – Providing Mycofoam insulation
- Living Rooms – Providing wool insulation, cork countertop, and non-toxic paints and finishes
- MSL Fiberboard – Providing SONOclimat ECO4 insulated exterior sheathing boards
- Nadurra Flooring – Providing oil-finished, FSC-certified hardwood flooring
- Peterborough Truss & Floor – Providing floor and roof trusse
Each of the materials and products used in the Zero House have been carefully selected to meet our criteria for this project, and we’re appreciative of the manufacturers and distributors of innovative green building products for making a project like this possible.
Follow this blog as construction proceeds to find out more about these products and our use of them on this innovative project!