Introduction to Permaculture Workshop
Instructor- Rob Avis
Entry Requirements: Open to all
Maybe you’re looking to cut your energy use and invest in solar or wind power. Maybe you’re imagining what it would be like to keep backyard chickens, start composting your kitchen scraps or grow healthy food on your front lawn (or a year-round garden in your passive solar greenhouse). Maybe you’ve even got ambitions of reducing water consumption, or living in an off-the-grid strawbale house. If you’ve ever asked, “How can I create a sustainable livelihood doing something for the earth, something I love?” — or “How can I set up a small-scale farm?” — or “How can I harvest water or stop erosion?” or even just “What is permaculture?” this Introduction to Permaculture Workshop is for you.
Permaculture is a completely solutions-oriented approach to addressing environmental, social and energy-supply problems. Discover your untapped potential for creating immense positive change starting at your back door!
Verge has designed a six hour permaculture workshop to provide you with the tools to turn your home into the greenest home on the block – all the while saving money and making a super healthy, beautiful and inspiring environment for family, friends and community… and even launching the career move of your dreams!
“I loved the simplicity of the material even though it was packed full of info. Rob was a great speaker with an authentic energy.” – Stephanie Brodsky
You will learn:
- a few core permaculture principles, strategies and practical design tools for energy-efficiency, reducing water use, cycling nutrients, and growing food.
- how to create super-productive gardens, to the envy of your neighbours, that don’t require weeding or chemical fertilizing.
- how to create abundance and a thriving garden with rainwater, using neat techniques such as wicking beds and swales.
- a whole new practical philosophy of working with (rather than against) nature; a perspective that can save you thousands of dollars when it comes to designing and integrating the layout of your home & garden (in ways you never imagined)!
- additional design tools that you can use to increase the sustainability of your home and community.
- and much much more!
There’s no question that you will come out of this workshop full of inspiration and ideas for your garden, your home, and your life, just in time for spring!
“I can’t remember the last time I felt so inspired! So many things brought together that I knew but didn’t.” – Evonne Smulders
Please note this workshop has three tier pricing
People Care ($90)
Includes registration for the in-person Introduction to Permaculture course.
Earth Care ($123 – 5% savings)
Includes the course ($90 value) and a copy of Bill Mollison’s book, Introduction to Permaculture ($45 value)
Fair Share ($179 – 25% savings)
Includes the course ($90 value), the book ($45 value), and Verge’s online Interactive Permaculture Primer E-Course ($99 value).
About the Interactive Permaculture Primer E-Course
Verge’s Interactive Permaculture Primer (http://vergepermaculture.ca/blog/events/pdc-primer/) is a six video online E-course. Included in the E-course is the following:
- A full year’s access to the online Permaculture Primer series (6 videos, ~ 4 hours)
- A downloadable 50-page note pack explaining all of the key concepts in detail
- Links to suggested reading and informational websites
- Homework and observation prompts to increase experiential learning
- Full access to Rob’s expertise through a comment section where you can get your questions answered by Rob and interact with other participants
- A coupon code for $129 that can be applied against tuition in Verge’s Permaculture Design Certificate.
Eligible students will be provided access to this E-course immediately following the in-person course.
For more information, visit the E-course page here: http://vergepermaculture.ca/blog/events/pdc-primer/
Includes healthy lunch (vegan and vegetarian options available)
|9:30 AM - 5:00 PM|