Legal Process BCIN Course
for Building Officials & Designers (2012)
Instructor: Jeff Chalmers
The Legal Process BCIN course for Building Officials and Designers (2012) prepares you to take the Legal Process exam, a requirement for obtaining a Building Code Identification Number (BCIN).
In Ontario, all building design practitioners must obtain a Building Code Identification Number (BCIN) to ensure familiarity with the Ontario Building Code and to be eligible to obtain the insurance necessary to practice professionally in the province.
This preparatory courses for the Legal Process exam is based on the new, updated OBOA (Ontario Building Official’s Association) curriculum training. Instructor Jeff Chalmers is a former CBO and helped develop the OBOA curriculum. He is a highly experienced teacher able to help you challenge the exam.
The Legal Process BCIN exam prep covers the following topics:
- Understanding Roles and the Legal Framework of the Act
- Qualifications and Registration under the Act and the Code
- Permit Applications and the Issuance Process
- Inspection and Compliance Process
- The Occupancy Process
- Co-operation, Conflict and Dispute Resolution under the Act
- Offences, Liability and Immunity from Actions
- Change of Use and Renovations, and
- Complying with Division B
- CADS and Alternative Compliance Pathways
See the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing web site at http://www.mah.gov.on.ca/Page8617.aspx for exam locations and dates.
Participants will need their own copy of the two-volume Ontario Building Code-2012. You can buy the code book HERE – 2012 Building Code Compendium (2 Volume Binder Set) ISBN-978-1-4606-2444-9
Legal Process BCIN course fees include the OBOA work book (value of $125)
|September 11, 2017||to||September 15, 2017|
|9:00 AM - 4:30 PM|