Introduction To Renewable Energy Workshop
Workshop Instructor: Sean Flanagan
Entry Requirements – Open to all
Do you want to live a life powered by clean, green, affordable renewable energy? Our Introduction to Renewable Energy workshop can show you how to proceed with making this dream a reality.
This workshop is the perfect introduction to the world of renewable energy, designed to help you figure out the best path to finding yourself living a renewable energy lifestyle.
Instructor Sean Flanagan has been designing and installing renewable energy systems for over a decade, and unlike many renewable energy teachers he lives off-grid himself, giving him an intimate knowledge of what works and what doesn’t.
The workshop covers all aspects of renewable energy:
- Off grid and grid tied systems – Which is right for you?
- Photovoltaics (PV, or “solar electricity”) – How it works and what components go into a system?
- Wind energy – How it works and what components go into a system?
- Micro hydro – How it works and what components go into s system?
- Micro-FIT and Net Metering – How do utility companies deal with renewable systems?
- Doing an energy audit – How much power do you need and what size system is required?
- Living with renewable energy – Lifestyle, maintenance and monitoring
- and much more!
As part of the Introduction to Renewable Energy workshop, participants will be involved in the hands-on assembly of a small off-grid system to help become familiar with all the components and how they work.
If you’ve ever imagined yourself generating your own clean, zero-carbon power from renewable sources, then this workshop is the perfect first step toward this goal.
Introduction to Renewable Energy workshop fee includes healthy lunch (vegetarian and vegan options available)
|September 23, 2017|
|9:30 PM - 4:30 PM|