As an incorporated not-for-profit organization, The Endeavour Centre has a board of directors that oversees the mission and goals of the school and assists with key areas of the school’s operations.
Several members of Endeavour’s current board are leaving at the end of their current terms after several years of service (some have been on board since Endeavour’s inception!). We are looking for people with an interest in Endeavour’s mission and goals to keep the board healthy and vital.
If you might be interested, here is a description of the roles and expectations of board members:
Member of the Board of Directors Job Description and Expectations
To advise and oversee the policies and leadership of the organization and promote The Endeavour Centre so as to support the organization’s mission and needs.
Achieving sound social and environmental change through sustainable building.
Endeavour is a sustainable building learning centre. We deliver unique full-time and workshop programs on a wide variety of sustainable and natural building materials and technologies. Hands-on learning is our focus, and positive sustainable change is our goal.
• Organizational leadership and advising • Formulation and oversight of policies and procedures • Financial management, including adoption and oversight of the annual budget and
project budgets • Oversight of program planning and evaluation • Serve on one of Endeavour’s standing committees based on expertise (fundraising,
human resources, marketing, or partnerships) • Review of organizational and programmatic reports • Act as an ambassador for the organization
Length of term:
Two years, with an option for renewal, beginning April 2015.
Meetings and time commitment:
• The board of directors meets six times per year. Meeting duration is a maximum of 2 hrs.
• Committees of the board meet an average of six times per year, pending their respective work agenda.
• Outside of meetings, board members may be required to do 2-5 hours of work per month in order to contribute to their committee’s progress and plans.
• Board members are asked to attend no more than two special events or meetings per year, as they are determined.
This is an opportunity for an individual who is passionate about Endeavour’s mission and who has a track record of board leadership.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- An understanding of Endeavour’s mission and goals, and a commitment to help the organization grow.
- Some professional experience in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector.
- Have experience in one of the following capacities: fundraising, human resources, marketing or community partnerships.
- Affinity for cultivating relationships and building consensus among diverse individuals.
- Live in the Peterborough area or be able to commute to Peterborough for meetings.
Expectations for board members:
- Attend and participate in meetings on a regular basis, and special events as able.
- Participate on a standing committee of the board, and serve on ad-hoc committees as necessary.
- Commit to spending time on Endeavour outside of meetings.
- Be alert to community partnerships that can be built to further Endeavour’s mission, goals, and objectives. This is a volunteer position and therefore no remuneration will be offered.
Deadline for applications is March 31, 2015. Send applications to contact at endeavourcentre dot org
Please consider joining us and being part of this exciting, dynamic organization!