Saturday, April 30, 2016
Saturday, October 8, 2016
9.30 am to 4.30 pm
Endeavour Centre, Peterborough
Note: This workshop is being offered twice in 2015. Be sure to register for the correct date.
Workshop Instructor: Sean Flanagan
It is a widely held dream of many people to live a life powered by renewable energy. But it can be difficult to know how best to proceed with making this dream a reality.
This workshop is the perfect introduction to the world of renewable energy, designed to help you figure out the best path to finding yourself living a renewable energy lifestyle. Instructor Sean Flanagan has been designing and installing renewable energy systems for over a decade, and unlike many renewable energy teachers he lives off-grid himself, giving him an intimate knowledge of what works and what doesn’t.
The workshop covers all aspects of renewable energy:
- Off grid and grid tied systems – Which is right for you?
- Photovoltaics (PV, or “solar electricity”) – How it works and what components go into a system?
- Wind energy – How it works and what components go into a system?
- Micro hydro – How it works and what components go into s system?
- Micro-FIT and Net Metering – How do utility companies deal with renewable systems?
- Doing an energy audit – How much power do you need and what size system is required?
- Living with renewable energy – Lifestyle, maintenance and monitoring
- and much more!
If you’ve ever imagined yourself generating your own power from renewable sources, then this workshop is the perfect first step toward this goal.
Open to all
Early Bird $125
Includes healthy lunch (vegetarian and vegan options available)
Maximum class size: 12