BCIN Legal Process 2012 – Exam Prep Course
Sept 19-23, 2016
(Delivered over five days)
Endeavour Centre, Peterborough
Note: This course is being offered twice in 2016. Be sure to register for the correct dates.
Instructor: Jeff Chalmers
In Ontario, all building design practitioners must obtain a Building Code Identification Number (BCIN) to ensure familiarity with the Ontario Building Code and to be eligible to obtain the insurance necessary to practice professionally. For designers of residential and small commercial buildings under 600m2 two exams must be passed: General Legal/Process and Part 9/House or Small Buildings.
Endeavour will be presenting preparatory courses for both the General Legal/Process and Part 9/House and Small Buildings exams. We will be offering the new, updated OBOA (Ontario Building Official’s Association) curriculum training, which are the only courses built around the new 2012 Ontario Building Code.
Participants will need their own copy of the two-volume Ontario Building Code-2012.
You can buy the code book HERE –2012 Building Code Compendium
(2 Volume Binder Set) ISBN-978-1-4606-2444-9
OBOA work books are included in registration costs!
General Legal/Process exam prep covers the following topics:
- Understanding Roles and the Legal Framework of the Act
- Qualifications and Registration under the Act and the Code
- Permit Applications and the Issuance Process
- Inspection and Compliance Process
- The Occupancy Process
- Co-operation, Conflict and Dispute Resolution under the Act
- Offences, Liability and Immunity from Actions
- Change of Use and Renovations, and
- Complying with Division B
- CADS and Alternative Compliance Pathways
Must own a copy of the 2012 Ontario Building Code. See links above to obtain a copy of the Building code.
Early Bird – $595
Regular – $650
Fees include workbook (value of $125)
Maximum class size: 12